Jacobin’s graphic designer will work closely with the creative director in the visual design of the magazine. The ideal candidate is a designer comfortable with straddling different media, particularly print and web.
- Part-time, 24 hours a week
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Applicant should be based in New York City area and is required to commute to our Brooklyn office at least twice a week.
- Maintain Jacobin’s database of illustrators and artists and assist in commissioning process.
- Select images for online articles.
- Design infographics and data visualizations.
- Assist in layout of print magazine.
- Design and create special pages for the website and assist in site redesign.
- BFA in art or design field recommended, but not required.
- Strong foundation in typography.
- Basic photoediting skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to sketch and communicate ideas.
- Illustration skills a plus.
- As is commitment to socialist politics.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficiency and HTML and CSS (SASS/SCSS a plus).
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, CV, and portfolio (pdf or link to personal website) to [email protected] by Monday, 2/9/2016. We will follow up soon after.